Cheese, Wine and delicatessen sale
Webshop Gligora benefits:
- Free delivery for amounts over 300,00 KN for orders from Croatia.
- Due to high temperatures, in the period from 1.6. till 1.9., all orders will be sent in thermo boxes and delivery will be extra charged - 58 kn (7.73 €).
- Croatia: 2-4 work days
- EU: up to 7 days
- Other: up to 3 weeks
- Credit cards (American Express®, MasterCard® i Maestro®, Visa, Discover and Diners)
- Bank transfer
- Cash on delivery (only Croatia)
- PayPal online payment service
Milk Type: Sheep/cow
Heat Treatment: Pasteurised
Region: Dalmatian hinterland
Age: 3 to 6 months
Rennet type: Vegetarian
Both the cow and sheep milk come from the Dalmatian hinterland from carefully selected family farms where natural grasses and hey are used.
Aged for a minimum of 3 months, Zigljen is an excellent and original blend of Dalmatian cow (80%) and sheep (20%) milk. The deep yellow rind gives way to an almost granular texture with an intense and complex taste. Expect a slightly spicy finish and look for a light, but full wine to pair with.
A personal creation of master cheesemaker Ivan Gligora, who in the early days of Sirana Gligora would buy Dalmatian cow milk to mix with Pag sheep milk when he couldn't source enough for the production of Paski sir - thus his first new cheese was born and named after the ferry port from the island to the mainland. Today both the cow and sheep milk come from the Dalmatian hinterland and the recipe and method is much improved. Crowned the Best Mixed Milk Cheese in the World in 2011 at the World Cheese Awards in the UK.
A perfect match with this product:
Buy similar products: