Cheese, Wine and delicatessen sale
Webshop Gligora benefits:
- Free delivery for amounts over 300,00 KN for orders from Croatia.
- Due to high temperatures, in the period from 1.6. till 1.9., all orders will be sent in thermo boxes and delivery will be extra charged - 58 kn (7.73 €).
- Croatia: 2-4 work days
- EU: up to 7 days
- Other: up to 3 weeks
- Credit cards (American Express®, MasterCard® i Maestro®, Visa, Discover and Diners)
- Bank transfer
- Cash on delivery (only Croatia)
- PayPal online payment service
Milk Type: Cow
Heat Treatment: Pasteurised
Style: Hard, extra mature
Region: Dalmatian hinterland
Age: 6 months +
Rennet type: Vegetarian
Aged a minimum 6 months, this extra mature version of our premier cow milk cheese is much denser and brittle and as a result the taste is fuller. The buttery aroma gives way to a more nutty taste and mouth feel with a robust finish.
The cow milk used in our Kolan cheese is from Black and red Simmental herds from the Zadar hinterland.
Perfect with plumb jam and apples, try our recommended pairings below.
Our top selling cheese. First produced in 1996 using a recipe created by our master cheese maker and founder Ivan Gligora. Since then the production, recipe, and quality of milk has improved to deliver what is today a top quality cow milk cheese that can compete with the best - as testified by the Bronze medal won at the 2013 World Cheese Awards and more recently the Super Gold medal at the 2014 World Cheese Awards!
A perfect match with this product:
Buy similar products: